What is the Arena?
In the PvP Arena you are matched with other players based on your skill rating and your current Arena League and compete against them for different weekly, and seasonal, rewards! Battle other players to increase your Arena Rating and climb your way up in leagues to become the best player in the world!
As you gain and lose skill rating, by winning and losing games in the Arena, you will move up and down in leagues and your seasonal reward will get better and better the higher your league is.
How do I access and play the Arena?
In order to play the Arena, press the Arena button on the right side of the home screen.
There is a lot of information on this screen.
- On the right hand side, you see the weekly leaderboard where you compete against other players with a similar rank for who can gain the most skill rating in a week!
- At the top of the screen you see the Arena Streak! If you go on a winning streak in the Arena you will get the rewards shown by each light bulb. Careful though, if you lose a game your streak will reset back to number one! Streak can be completed once per day.
- At the center of the screen you see the Flock of the Day! These are the five birds which you are able to use in the arena that day. The available birds rotate daily!
- At the left side of the screen you see your current rating, league, in how long the current season will end and you can click the “Leagues” button to see which leagues exist!
- At the bottom of the screen you see the “Play!”-button. Pressing this starts an arena match.
What is Skill Rating?
When you first access the new arena you will have a Skill Rating of 400 if you are brand new to the game, and if you played the old arena you will have a rating and league based on your Flock Power. As you compete in the arena and win games, you will gain Skill Rating. Gain enough rating and you will advance to the next league! Players in higher leagues get better rewards at the end of a season.
What are Leagues and Seasons?
Based on how high your Skill Rating is, you will belong to a specific league. You will advance from Vanilla league, to Bronze, to Silver and so on all the way up to the prestigious Master League! Within the Master League you can also fight your way into the top 500, top 100 and the top 1 player in the world! Being a part of the top 500, 100 or 1 also gives you a title which is visible on your player profile for everyone to see!
A season is 45 days long, and at the end of the season you get rewarded based on which League you have achieved in the Arena. A player who ends the season in Diamond League will get much sweeter rewards than a player in Bronze, for example.
At the end of each season, after your rewards have been handed out, everyone's skill rating and league will reset by a certain amount - giving everyone a fair chance at becoming the highest rated player in the world!
What is the Weekly Challenge?
Every week there will be a Weekly Challenge. In this challenge you will be matched with 30 other players of a similar Skill Rating from your current League on a leaderboard where you will compete for who can gain the most rating in a week. The player who manages to earn the most rating wins and gets the best weekly reward, but rewards are handed out to everyone in the top 10! When the week is over, and you have received your rewards, you will get matched with 30 new players and so on of a similar rating for the next week.
How does Flock of the Day work?
To make things more interesting and fun in the new Arena, you will only be able to bring five birds into any battle! These five birds rotate every day, and anything is possible! As an example, one day you might have to bring Red, Blues, Matilda, Terrence and Bomb, and another day it might be Red, Chuck, Stella, Bubbles and Leonard! Make sure to unlock all your extra birds so you don’t miss out on bringing all five birds into battle!